Post Type Builder is an “all-in-one” WordPress plugin for seamlessly creating custom post types, taxonomies, and post type templates through step-by-step with an intuitive drag & drop interface. Now one can create any custom post type simple to complex be it be a coupon, recipe, or property listing. It’s a boon for WordPress users with limited or no coding knowledge but wish to create a professional looking website irrespective of the type of content.
From among the vast number of WordPress theme stores that the market is flooded with, Themify stands apart for their simple but yet amazing products enabling the users to build professional looking website without having to write any code. All their themes come with Drag and Drop Page Builder so one has to be just creative enough to imagine a layout and their drag and drop interface breathe life into imagination with the end result of awesome looking website. Their themes offer great versatility to customize the website from every aspect and the best part is their timely and effective online support.
Just in case you are looking for a highly flexible and fully responsive WordPress theme, check out their Ultra theme. Ultra is a multi-purpose WordPress theme supported by powerful features and provides the best solution for all website needs. You can use it to for launching your business website, online store, blog or portfolio.
This PTB plugin review is to give you an insight on the features available in Post-Type-Builder plugin and here we have shared the step by step instructions for creating the website for property listing.
With PTB Plugin, creating custom post types, taxonomies, and post type templates is now like a child’s play. It’s the only plugin currently in market with powerful features yet flexible enough to incorporate new post types, easy to use and empower you to control design template using inbuilt Drag and Drop Builder.
Post Type Builder is an extremely powerful yet simple to use plugin. It has made creating custom post types a snap, without having to write any PHP code or having to use multiple post type plugins. Not only can it open up more possibilities with post types, but can also save a tremendous amount of time because everything can be created seamlessly.
In PTB, everything is tied nicely together from creation of post type to adding posts to layout selection to frontend rendering. Once you have your custom post type with all the required fields in place. You can quickly create the template, put items/fields in order you want to display using easy-to-use drag and drop feature and that too without any coding. All the work is done within WordPress admin and such rare to perfection synchronization is visually a feast for the eyes.
Some of you might be wondering why you need custom post type when you have default posts and pages in place. Well if you are satisfied with what you have then it’s okay. But what if you want to add more information in your posts in a structured way that too with no coding expertise then Custom Post Type is the right choice to address this.
Let me give you an example to make you understand why you need Post Type Builder before it gets too complicated. Let’s say, you are creating a property listing website. With regular posts, you can add properties to your website but what if you want to add more details like property size, price, area, amenities, agent, photos, slideshow, and option for viewing property etc. Well, in such case you have to go for premium theme that comes with a dedicated property post type. But with PTB, you can create any custom post type with all the required fields making your website more structured and professional looking with minimum time and zero coding expertise.
Empower PTB with Themify PTB Addons
Themify has recently launched two new PTB addons to add more features to the Post Type Builder plugin. From creating additional input field types to allowing users to create submission forms that’s seamless with their custom post types.
The Extra Fields addon supports 8 additional input field types for PTB: Video, Rating, Map, Date, Slider, Gallery, Progress Bar, and Icon. Another popular PTB addon is the Submissions addon. The Submissions addon allows your users to submit and/or edit custom posts without giving them administrative rights. It gives you the flexibility to auto approve/publish submissions by your website users, and an option to charge a fee using PayPal.
Extra Fields PTB Addon
Post Type Builder (PTB) Extra Fields addon works hand-in-hand with PTB enabling user to extend the custom post fields. All you need to do is just install and activate this addon and get going with creating custom post types with 8 new modules on the Meta Box builder. Add complex controls like slider, map, gallery etc. to your custom post easily without any coding. The addon comes with the following fields:
• Video = Display Youtube/Vimeo/MP4 videos in a 2 or 3 grid column.
• Rating = Choose from over 320+ icons, and let only admin users or public visitors rate your posts.
• Map = Showcase any location in a map, with a pointer and text tooltip.
• Date = Use a date & time calendar picker, to select the date that will appear on your post.
• Slider = Use an image/video slider, where you can adjust the speed and transition style.
• Gallery = Display your images in grid, showcase, or lightbox format.
• Progress Bar = Use animated bars to highlight skills or ongoing projects, with percentages and custom labels.
• Icon = Choose from over 320+ icons. Adjust the size, color, and link of the icon.
Submissions PTB Addon
With the Submissions addon, users can submit and edit posts for their custom post types. Working side by side with PTB plugin, administrators are enabled with the options to charge submission fee, auto publish, or approve submissions manually. It works seamlessly with custom post types, taxonomies, meta boxes, and templates created with the Post Type Builder. The addon comes with the following features:
• Drag & Drop Form Builder – Create submission forms that are associated with all your custom post types and its custom fields.
• User Submissions Management – Users are given the capability to create a user account, where they can edit, review, and delete their submissions. They can search their posts by filtering on specific field and/or taxonomy.
• Admin Submissions Management – Admin can search/filter submissions for a specific post type, author, time range, and payment status.
• Auto-Publish Submissions – Allow submissions to publish without admin approval.
• Optional Payment – Allows admin to charge a fee using PayPal for submissions.
• Email Notification – Email notification is sent to both user and admin whenever a form is submitted.
Creating a Property Listing Website with the Post Type Builder
WordPress is a powerful CMS product and you can use it for building any kind of website. In this tutorial, you will learn how create a professional and attractive property listing website with WordPress quickly, easily and most importantly budget friendly.
This tutorial will show you how you can easily build and customize your property listing website with Post Type Builder. It will give you a step-by-step guide on how you can 1) create a new custom post type for property, 2) design layout for the property listing, and 3) add property post.
Above is a sample of how we built the property listing site that is beautiful, and with complex layout using Post Type Builder plugin without writing any code.
Step 1: Create New Custom Post Type for Property
Let’s start creating a new custom post type to hold and display property information. To create a new property post type, Go to WP-admin > Post Type Builder > Post Types > Add New.
We will add the relevant fields for property as per the instruction below. Please note that in this tutorial, we have created four new taxonomies as highlighted in a dark green color and assigned them to our newly created property post type.
- Singular Label: Singular descriptive name of the post type, e.g. Property
- Plural Label: Plural descriptive name of the custom post type, e.g. Properties
- Post Type Slug: Post type slug which is used in permalink, e.g. property
- Description: A short description about the post type, e.g. Property listing
- Post Title, Content, Featured Image, Excerpt = Default post fields
- Property Type = Taxonomy field, type = Taxonomy
- Rooms = Taxonomy field, type = Taxonomy
- Bathrooms = Taxonomy field, type = Taxonomy
- Garage = Taxonomy field, type = Taxonomy
- Property Price = Meta field, type = TextBox
- House Size (in square feet) = Meta field, type = TextBox
- Lot Size = Meta field, type = TextBox
- Price/Sqft = Meta field, type = TextBox
- Year Built = Meta field, type = TextBox
- Listing Agent = Meta field, type = TextArea
- Property Tax = Meta field, type = TextBox
- Property Slider = Extra field, type = Image Slider
- Property Map = Meta field, type = Map
- Property Info = Meta field, type = TextArea
- Construction Type = Meta field, type = TextBox
- Arrange Viewing = Meta field, type = LinkButton
- Key Facts = Meta field, type = TextArea
- Schools = Meta field, type = TextArea
- Bedrooms = Meta field, type = TextArea
- Bathrooms = Meta field, type = TextArea
- Kitchen and Dining = Meta field, type = TextArea
Step 2: Create Property Page Layout
After adding a new post type, it’s time to create a template for the property listing. Go to WP-admin > Post Type Builder > Templates > Add New.
Enter the template name and select the property post type from the dropdown list. Save the details, you will be redirected to edit the post type archive and single template.
Single Post Template:
Below is the post layout we have setup for our property page.
Below is the layout we have setup for the property listing/archive pages.
Step 3: Adding a new Property information
We are all set to add our new property post. As you know we have too many things configured for this property listing website, and just to make things clear we have divided this section into 3 sub-sections. Let’s add a new property. Simply go to your WP Admin > Property > Add New.
Adding Property Key Information
- Post Title = Enter the title of your property, e.g. “10814 Monaco Beach Ave”
- Rooms = Enter/Select the number of rooms in property
- Bathrooms = Enter/Select the number of bathrooms in property
- House Size (in square feet) = Enter size of the property in square feet
- Lot Size = Enter lot size in square feet
- Construction Type = Enter type of construction, e.g. New (Recently Constructed)
- Property Slider = Add image/video slider for the property
- Property Type = Select the type of the property, e.g. Townhouse or Detached
- Property Price = Enter the property price
- Property Tax = Enter tax applicable on the property
- Year Built = Enter the year property was built in
- Price/Sqft = Enter the price per square feet
- Garage = Enter/Select the number of garages the property has
Adding Property Overview and Features
- Key Facts = Enter the property style, suitable for, price and year built information
- Schools = Enter schools and colleges details nearby property
- Bedrooms = Enter numbers of bedrooms and their sizes with facilities available
- Bathrooms = Enter number of bathrooms attached to this property and facilities available
- Kitchen and Dining = Enter Kitchen and Dining information
- Additional Info = Enter more information about property
Adding Map and Listing Agent
- Property Map = Enter coordinates of your property to show the exact location of the property in Map
- Listing Agent = Specify listing agent and a url for requesting property view
PTB is definitely a must have solution for developers who are working for multiple clients. It gives you more features and let you add new post types in a structured way that too without any coding knowledge. A must have in your repository as its versatile enough to build anything be it be a property listing website or user testimonial and the list seems to be endless. One has to use and experience its awesomeness to know how this hassle free customization and flexible adaptation provides a universal solution for simplifying the complexities of building WordPress powered sites irrespective of it being a regular blog or online store. It boosts up the confidence of the designers making them feel like professional web designers. Themify has delivered not just this great product but their online support is also very supportive and customer sensitive which is like icing on the cake. You can thank me later so go ahead and give it a try.
A word of suggestions, If PTB could have structured data support for search engines. It would help search engines to index the content better and enhance its appearance in search results.
We have got a perfect deal for you. Simply use coupon code savvytheme and get flat 20% themify discount on anything you purchase from Themify store. (Please note that the coupon code is not applicable to the Lifetime Master Club membership.)